meme // harry potter

13 Jul 2011

[source]


HARRY POTTER MEMe

In honour of HP7P2 that I'm seeing on Friday! I'm so very excited and sad all at the same time. No doubt I will cry buckets. I was lucky enough to work at bookstore when the 7th book was released and we all dressed up (I was Cho Chang) and now I was lucky enough to live in London when the world premier of the final movie happened. This is meant to be done over 30 days, but I never remember to post daily, so here goes...


Day 1 : Your favorite book. The Prisoner of Azkaban.
Day 2 : Your favourite movie. The Prisoner of Azkaban.
Day 3 : Is there any of the films adaptations that have made you angry because they’ve ignored important parts of the book? Not that I can think of.
Day 4 : Least favourite female character and why. Delores Umbridge because she's pure evil and I hate that she loves cats too.
Day 5 : Favourite male character and why. Snape because he's just so complex and has a heart of gold after all!
Day 6 : What do you think would be your favourite lesson. Charms.
Day 7 : Favourite female character and why. Hermione because she started out like I was in primary school. Just a little know-it-all and bossy, but grew up to be just fine. I feel like my answers are all going to be somewhat shallow because I feel like I'm just going to say "because they're/it's awesome!" after everything.
Day 8 : Harry Potter or Twilight? Gosh, do you even need to ask?! HARRY POTTER.
Day 9 : Least favourite male character. Lucius Malfoy. He's just so sniveling and a pathetic excuse for a man by the last book.
Day 10 : Horcruxes or Hallows. Hallows.
Day 11 : What character would you say you are most like. Hermione.
Day 12 : Favourite ship. Ron/Hermione.
Day 13 : Least favourite movie. Maybe Order of the Phoenix, but that was also my least favourite book. Or maybe Chamber of Secrets...
Day 14 : Team Voldermort or Team Harry. Team Harry!
Day 15 : Who would be your best friends at hogwarts. (Three only) Hermione, Lee Jordan and... er... Ron?
Day 16 : Your favorite Golden Trio moment. Way too hard. I did love the chess scene in Philosopher's Stone. And anything to do with Hermione's amazing bottomless bag.
Day 17 : Are you excited about The Deathly Hallows movie or scared it won’t do the book justice ? EXCITED.
Day 18 : Least favourite book. Order of the Phoenix. So hard to get through. And cried when Sirius died.
Day 19 : Do you prefer the books or films? Books definitely.
Day 20 : If you had to meet one member of the cast, who would it be? D-RAD. I want him to be my BFF and invite him to all of my dinner parties.
Day 21 : Out of all the characters that died, if you could bring one back, who would it be? Lupin. Wahhh! Still so upset he died.
Day 22 : What house would you want to be in. Gryffindor or Ravenclaw.
Day 23 : Any part of the books/movies that makes you cry. When Sirius died, when Hedwig died, when I realised Lupin and Tonks died, when I realised I'd never read a new Harry Potter book...
Day 24 : Any particular scene you wished would have been put in the movie but it wasn’t. Hmm... not that I can remember.
Day 25 : Nineteen years later. Are you happy how it turned out, or do you wish something was different? I felt it was a little unnecessary and a bit happy-happy-fan-fiction-end-y, but I understand why JK Rowling did it. No one can mess with her characters now, and it puts a lot of speculation to bed.
Day 26 : If you could be able to work one spell without a wand what would it be? Erm... pass.
Day 27 : Would you rather own The Invisibility Cloak, The Resurrection Stone or The Elder Wand? Definitely the Cloak.
Day 28 : Do you listen to Wizard Wrock; what do you think about it? Ah, no. What's that?
Day 29 : Did you enjoy A Very Potter Musical? I've only seen bits. Love Darren Criss though.
Day 30 : What affect has Harry Potter made on your life and how much does it mean to you? Mum bought me the first one when I was 12 and I scoffed and said I was too old for witch and wizard books. Then I read the first chapter and I remember going over to Mum saying "It's so good! It's so good! Thank you for buying this for me!" It's had a big impact. Friends would call me the night of a book release asking if I'd finished it yet because they wanted to talk about it. I remember Amelia calling me almost in tears after OotP. Seeing some of the cast walking the red carpet reduced me to an excitable 12yo again. I'm going to miss it!

4 comments :

  1. Oh god! I just watched DH7 part 2 and am on a Harry Potter high! Loved your answers, you made me want to go back and re-read Prisoner of Azkaban (again) - I think it still remains my favourite book, although I did loooove Deathly Hallows (this could also be because I just saw the movie though)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ASDFGHJKL I can't freaking wait until tonight! Well I can because it means it will be all over. I have tissues and no eye make up.

    I got teary while reading Deathly Hallows because so many favourites die, so I can't see how that can be my favourite book, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I had a few teary moments too haha! Tissues is a good idea. Hated how many people died but loved how everything came together ... great ending to an epic journey. HP for life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cried so much when Snape died and when he was hugging Lily. And then when they showed Fred and Tonks and Lupin. HAD TO HOLD BACK THE SOBS. The ending was hilarious though. Malfoy looked so bad.

    ReplyDelete

fourzerofive All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger