yves saint laurent movie

25 Jun 2014

After an hour's commute to the city thanks mostly to traffic and finding a car park open late, I finally sat down with my fancy popcorn and some seriously delicious champagne (we found out later that it was Moet. That explains a lot!) to enjoy the latest French fashion film Yves Saint Laurent which is about to hit cinemas.

I love movies and documentaries about fashion and designers, mainly because I'm so curious to see what's behind all the glitz and glamour. So many of them have had quite sad lives because of how they grew up, family situation, wars and alcohol and drugs. Yves Saint Laurent was no different. I didn't know a great deal about his life, but he was portrayed as a creative genius and somewhat of a workaholic. His relationship with his work and his business and life partner Pierre Berge was the central focus.

This film also reminded me of my love for French cinema (and French actors!) and I'm so inspired to take a bit more effort when getting ready in the morning. Everyone's hair was perfect and the suits were impeccable and the dresses were amazing. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong decade!

Here's a little reminder from YSL that was in our goodie bag that made me giggle:









0 comments :

Post a Comment

fourzerofive All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger